The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Multi functional Field Service Engineer (M-FSE) with database administration experience at Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan. The BAT-A M-FSE in Afghanistan provides support to fellow M-FSEs, users, and operators by troubleshooting BAT-A technical system and database issues; implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected; and ensures maximum issue resolutions in minimum time.
This position supports an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. The position level of effort is 12 hours per day, seven days per week - i.e., 84 hours per week. A four week home leave period is provided per contract year.
- System start-up, initialization, and shut down *Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs *Security checks of daily logs *Daily operation of servers *Transaction reconciliation
- Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
- Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
- Administer database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
- Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
- Assist applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Implement and maintain databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design and implementation.
- Document JCL, shell scripts and batch processes.
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Manage and test backup and recovery plans.
- Monitor the replication schema.
- Develop and implement database monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot, track, and monitor data flow.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and serving as the resident database expert for TBS users.
- Interact with customer in response to reported problems and defining requirements.
- Collaborate and coordinate with outside organizations periodically as necessary.
- Perform other IT project work as assigned on a "best effort" basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4+ years of experience managing systems, including servers or a Masters Degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft SQL server administration experience with familiarity of MS SQL syntax.
- Ability to install and maintain MS SQL Server 2008R2.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012R2.
- Experience with and knowledge of advanced data mining techniques.
- Ability to create data maps and load data and databases onto servers.
- Experience with scripting for the purposes of data manipulation and automating redundant tasks.
- Proficient in the use of PC's and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
- Currently possess an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Previous experience with biometric applications in support of GWOT.
- Knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
- Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
- Aptitude for learning new scripting languages and database syntax and the ability to implement those new skills.