Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Graphics Software Engineer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and visual simulation systems. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance. A current, active DoD Secret clearance is desired.
Candidate will develop software as part of the team creating three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C++ and Java, utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of the visual simulation. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as ocean wave models.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, and will not exceed 15% of the job.
Education and Years of Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, Math, Physics, or related technical field and a minimum of 12 years of directly related experience required or Masters degree and a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must have strong knowledge of object oriented development and data structures, be able to adhere to identified coding standards, must have experience with version control systems, and must have good familiarity with Linux
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in tasking, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Active DoD Secret clearance highly preferred
- Experience with physics-based modeling and visual simulation systems, or real time graphics programming
- Experience with high performance computing
- Experience with C++ or Java, and scripting languages such as Python or bash
- Experience with OpenGL/GLS
- Experience with OpenSceneGraph, Ogre, Delta3D, or similar engines
- Experience with developing for commercial Virtual Reality headsets
- Experience with HLA/RTI systems
- Exposure to 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, or similar modeling tools
- Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals
- Exposure to unit testing, continuous integration and code reviews