The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for an on contract Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's (DTRA) in house Enterprise architecture and IT Roadmap needs in Fort Belvoir, VA.
The CTO supports DTRA in maintaining authoring and building the Enterprise Architecture documentation and developing an IT roadmap to facilitate Mission and commodity IT modernization. The CTO works directly with the mission partners and government leadership to assess requirements and technological need that feed the development and modernization of DTRA into the next generation of IT.
Position is technological modernization supporting DTRA and its mission partners and requires;
- Authoring of an Enterprise Architecture document that details the Data Center, End User Compute, Cloud, Security and other area within the IT Enclave
- Chairing the Architectural Working Group, a multi-discipline group that works with our partners to stay on the cutting edge of DoD technology
- Development of an Architectural Capabilities Database, wherein technological solutions provided for other customers are packaged and made available for integration into other technological projects
Supporting the customer Requirements Review Board (RRB), evaluating technical requirements to determine their validity within DTRA and existing commercial and pre-built solutions capability to fit those requirements.
- Requires Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- 10+ years' experience designing and architecting technical solutions with the DoD
- Previous Enterprise Architecture or IT Roadmap development
- Familiarity with DoD Enterprise Architecture Framework
- Advanced familiarity with Containerized application and Cloud deployment
- Advanced level understanding of Virtualization, Storage, End User Compute and other technologies
- Current capability to develop working relationships with Technology vendors and partners
- Insight into overall industry direction for modernization; including but not limited to; Cloud, Containerization, Object Based storage, Software Defined Networking, and Infrastructure as a service
- Top Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
- Able to perform tasks within strict timelines with little or no oversight
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
- Master's Degree in a technology related field
- Advanced level industry certification in two or more Technological focus areas; Examples include: CCNP, CCIE, VCP, MCSE, AWS Solutions Architect or Developer certification, CISSP, SANS etc.
- Experience in migrating DoD workflows to Cloud providers
- Experience and High level knowledge of Hitachi (HDS) Data solutions