Join one of the most dynamic, fast paced, complex Agile teams out there! Leidos is actively interviewing to hire multiple Software Engineers of all levels! Submit your interest today!
Leidos is interviewing Software Engineers with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to come be a part the team's mission of providing Agile DevOps services for critical immigration systems within the DHS USCIS . The positions are located in DC. Software Engineers will provide Agile development, operations and maintenance for critical systems. The Leidos team will be part of an exciting ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based DevOps approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality. In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively with other companies to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
• Understanding of software processes and methodologies and ability to speak intelligently about them
• Proficiency using Java/C++
• Knowledge of software design patterns.
• Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
• Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
• Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Proficiency with Agile management tools such as the Atlassian suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• U.S. Citizen
• Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, at minimum.
• Experience with the following: Angular, Spring / Spring Boot, OpenShift, Jira, Confluence, Eclipse, Gradle, Junit, Bitbucket, Cucumber, Jenkins, git, Cloudwatch, , Java, Hibernate, JPA, Mongo or Postgres, Jetty, Jenkins, KAMBAN
• Expertise with DevOps frameworks
• Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment Environments
• AWS expertise/certs
• 508 experience/expertise
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
• Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or SAFe Agilist (SA) certification
• Experience supporting Agile projects for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
**We are also actively interviewing entry level Software Engineers with BS and 3+ yrs experience **
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
-Power homes and businesses
-Guide air traffic
-Streamline tax returns
-Protect digital footprints
-Contain environmental incidents
-Heighten port security
-Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Doctorate in technical domain.