Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to managed services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, Storage Operations and Cloud Management. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Senior Network Engineer, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Will be the lead to the other network engineers on the program. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Core Infrastructure Network Engineering team responsible for providing network support for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Candidate must be familiar with advanced networking concepts and technologies, including routing, switching, application centric topologies, and 3 zone architectures. Candidate must be highly motivated, able to work in a collaborative team environment, and independently. Plans and configures network communications systems based on Cisco platforms. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Conducts testing of network design using Cisco Prime and Wireshark. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Develop and maintain configurations plans for Cisco ACI design, planning, implementation, and testing, based on a multi datacenter configurations.
- Will lead and manage work of the other technical staff and act as a SME.
- Will be communicating directly with the client.
- Manage and maintain WAN connections between multiple remote offices, Cloud presence (AWS, Azure), and several primary datacenter managed by several different owners.
- Migration of 3 zone architecture into a more robust application centric model based on Cisco ACI and VMware NSX.
- Ability to utilize network overlay technology for integration with AWS and Route 53.
- Experience with Cisco OTV for cross datacenter connectivity.
- Assist with design, implementation and testing of Cisco Tetration and Cisco Prime platforms
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions and exposure to enterprise network architecture.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Migration of datacenters from IPv4 to IPv6
- Integration concepts of InfoBlox into a multi grid enterprise solution across multiple datacenters.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- Design experience with AWS cloud infrastructure services such as VPC, Direct Connect, ELB, Route 53, and S3
- Understanding of the DevSecOps lifecycle
- Working knowledge of automation and configuration management leveraging tools such as Ansible
- Comfortable in at least one scripting language such as, Python, Postman or TCL
- Experience with F5 Big IP (LTM, APM, ASM, DNS, and Big-IQ) and VE cloud implementations
- Extensive knowledge of multi-tenant / multi-site ACI fabrics implementation
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience configuring/administrating various network technologies including: Cisco Prime, Tetration, Cisco OTV, ACI, VMware NSX, Route 53, Cisco 1000v,
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience as mentor\ eam lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Prepare or ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions and diagrams using Visio.
Industry Security Certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA, AWS, CISSP, GIAC, or other security certifications)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.