No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Computer Technician is responsible for providing front line computer hardware and software support utilizing quality customer service to the user community supported by the Denver operating location. This position is responsible for maintaining, implementing, configuring and repairing all computer systems and related peripheral systems and equipment. Installs and configures computer hardware and software.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on all computers, peripheral systems and equipment, according to current desktop standard configuration guidelines and documented procedures.
- Perform daily review of assigned work orders in order to prioritize tasking and resolve technical issues following standard operating procedures. Document resolution and close completed work orders.
- Image, test, and install desktop/laptop computers for all new hire or temporary duty employees; this includes installing encryption tools and configuring wireless access as needed.
- Support and troubleshoot printing/scanning/imaging devices.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance of computer equipment as required.
- Facilitate vendor warranty return process, test and evaluate items returned from repair.
- Responsible for maintaining physical inventories and ensuring accuracy as directed.
- Participate in lifecycle replacement tasking and other technical improvement projects.
- Manage retrograde efforts for all computer equipment, this includes performing a data wipe on all hard drives and preparing required documentation.
- Provide AV support for regularly scheduled presentations
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Maintain an orderly work area and technical lab space clear of all hazards/debris.
- Participate in the creation of technical and procedural documentation. Perform annual/seasonal review of documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum four years of experience in computer systems installation and maintenance, troubleshooting, wireless access configuration and support, in a corporate environment is required (all reasonable and related trade experience is acceptable).
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems and applications is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory required.
- Experience supporting business VPN access, disk imaging, and whole disk encryption is required.
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline
- A+ and/or MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)