The Leidos Civil NISC III team has an opening for a Safety Engineer to provide technical support to ensure a healthy and safe work environment through implementation and maintenance of the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center (MMAC) Environmental Occupational Safety & Health Management System (EOSHMS) in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. The contractor must provide support for the following programs:
- EOSHMS Program Support
- OSH Program Assessments
- Hazard Communication Program
Specifically, the Safety Engineer will:
- Examine plans and specifications for new machinery, equipment, and facilities to determine if all safety precautions have been included and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Observe facility activities to ensure compliance with safety regulations; such as, fire protection, electrical hazards, and maintenance activities.
- Perform audits, risk assessments, and accident investigations.
- Tour the MMAC to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Develop procedures, processes, standards, specifications, and systems to identify and achieve optimal control or reduction of hazards and exposures that may harm people, property, and/or the environment.
- Serve as part of a multidisciplinary team in analyzing field-level hazard-producing mechanisms.
- Research regulatory, scientific, and engineering written materials and provide training for MMAC campus organizations.
- Recognize, evaluate, and develop necessary controls for occupational health hazards, environmental impacts, and safety concerns.
- Initiate and provide written documentation to support the MMAC EMS and OSHMS.
- Provide professional opinions and training on matters affecting environmental stewardship and occupational safety and health.
Requires a Bachelors degree in a related field and a 4+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelors degree.