Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference by supporting the warfighter? Do you thrive in a fast paced, impact driven environment? We're looking for technical professionals who are hungry to bring industry's best practices and services to support the North American aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) diverse missions.
Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Senior Test Engineer supporting an Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Network Operations and Maintenance Support (NOMS) program in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Senior Test Engineer will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Deputy Program Manager/Operations Manager, with regular interaction with the Program Manager and government POC.
- Evaluating, recommending, and implementing automated test tools and strategies. Designing, implementing, and conducting test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met
- Developing, maintaining, and upgrading automated test scripts and architectures for application products
- Writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports
- Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
- Collaborate with other Service and Functional Leads to resolve customer related issues with company provided services
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE) prior to start date
- Requires BS degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years prior relevant experience (additional relevant work experience may be evaluated in lieu of degrees)
- Provide leadership and management direction for team
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute detailed test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience in standing up and executing automated tests
- Ability to work closely with developers and team to design, set up and build test applications and collect metrics and trouble shoot issues
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience managing testers and strong hands-on experience with executing manual and automated tests, along with debugging and root cause analysis
- Experience in end-to-end testing
- In depth knowledge of quality control processes and methodology, with ability to create and execute detailed test plans and test cases
- Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Work closely with development teams to design, build, and test applications
- Provide direction for system enhancements and defect closure with stakeholders
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives