Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference by supporting the warfighter? Do you thrive in a fast paced, impact driven environment? We're looking for technical professionals who are hungry to bring industry's best practices and services to support the North American aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) diverse missions.
Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Network and Systems Virtualization Engineer (VMWare) supporting an Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Network Operations and Maintenance Support (NOMS) program in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network and Systems Virtualization Engineer (VMWare) will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Deputy Program Manager/Operations Manager, with regular interaction with the Program Manager and government POC.
• Provide engineering support for the blade and server Virtual Environment deployment
• Design, Test, review, Support, and provide system maintenance, vendor/contractor liaison and other activities as required
• Install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere environment
• Manage vCenter, hypervisor on new hosts, virtual machines, data store creation and maintenance in coordination with storage engineers
• Maintain virtualized architecture using vCenter
• Plan and convert P2V as directed on Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems
• Troubleshoot interoperability and performance issues
• Coordinate and integrate with specialists from storage, network, server, and database systems
• Provide Tier 2/3 technical support regarding virtualization issues
• Diagnose problems on ESXi hosts, troubleshoot technology issues, using various resources and document lessons learned
• Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management
• Automate processes where appropriate and apply data store best practices
• Provide health-performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture
• Work with team to upgrade network infrastructure equipment
• Collaborate with other Service and Functional Leads to resolve customer related issues with company provided services
• Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of overall related experience or Masters with 2-6 years of related experience (Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
• Must possess VMWare Cloud Management and Automation-VCA, Desktop and Mobility-VCA, Network Virtualization-VCA certifications
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE) prior to start date
• VMWare Cloud Management and Automation-VCP or VCAP, Desktop and Mobility- VCP or VCAP, Network Virtualization- VCP or VCAP certifications
• Experience upgrading network infrastructure equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc.)
• Cisco UCS experience
• Experience of delivering services in a production environment following ITIL is a plus
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives