No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Data Center Support Services (DCSS) HCAccess program is looking for a highly motivated full stack developer to create and maintain web-based solutions that satisfy TSA's human capital (HC) policies. This includes delivering solutions that support various HC functions such as recruiting and hiring of new employees; processing of personnel, payroll and benefits; and help desk support. The candidate will be responsible for coming up to speed quickly and performing full stack development on top of a business process management (BPM) platform. This will include working closely with product owners in order to build custom user interfaces, automated workflows, web services, database structures, and other components required to implement specific HC policies. This unique opportunity requires a US citizenship, the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, and offers excellent benefits, flexible schedules, and the potential for telework.
- Support web development projects from impact assessment through production launch, maintaining established standards and best practices.
- Participate in full lifecycle software development, including requirements review, design documentation, code reviews, and unit testing.
- Create custom databases, web services, automated workflows, and user interfaces.
- Integrate solutions with other COTS interfaces.
- Aggressively resolve key technical issues as they arise.
- Deliver solutions within technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Maintain burn-down plans for development work.
- Communicate status and capabilities at stakeholder briefings.
The individual will have to report to Vienna office for the first few weeks, but telework is possible after completing all required training.
Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- US citizen
- Able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Willing to wait until cleared to start working (1 to 3 months)
- Experience in web and software development
- Experience creating and maintaining Oracle databases.
- Experience developing applications with Java
- Experience creating and maintaining web services
- Can learn new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study
- Experience working in a software lifecycle including requirements, design, code, and test
- Experience with working in a collaborative environment
- Team player attitude and willing to lead when necessary
- Able to prepare impact assessments for new functionality
- Can elicit requirements and generate technical designs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solver
- Highly motivated
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with HC operational processes
- Experience working with virtual employees
- Experience working in a team environment using Agile methodology
- Experience using team-based development tools such as Jira, SVN, etc.
- Experience developing user interfaces that are Section 508 compatible
- Experience with web frameworks such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Marionette, and Node
- Experience working with BPM platforms such as OpenText Process Suite and MetaStorm
- Experience with .NET languages including C# and ASP.NET
- Experience creating and maintaining SQL Server databases.
- Experience utilizing PaaS and/or SaaS technologies
- Experience implementing and administering a cloud environment
- Experience remediating security vulnerabilities in web applications
- Strong customer service orientation