No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Data Center Support Services (DCSS) HCAccess program is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to develop and maintain software that supports human capital (HC) operations. This includes software that automates and helps facilitate common HC activities such as recruiting and hiring of new employees; processing of personnel, payroll and benefits; help desk support. The candidate will be responsible for developing software with an emphasis on operational stability such as monitoring the production environment and working closely with users in order to deliver system changes that satisfy operational needs and timelines. Products will include custom user interfaces, web services, database scripts, and configuration procedures supporting a mix of COTS and in-house technologies. This unique opportunity requires a US citizenship, the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, and offers excellent benefits, flexible schedules, and the potential for telework.
- Participate in full development lifecycle, including impact assessment, development, test, and deployment.
- Create custom databases, web services, and user interfaces.
- Integrate solutions with other HCAccess COTS applications.
- Aggressively resolve key technical issues as they arise.
- Deliver solutions within technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Communicate status and capabilities at stakeholder briefings.
The individual will have to report to Vienna office for the first few weeks, but telework is possible after completing all required training.
Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- US citizen
- Able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Willing to wait until cleared to start working (1 to 3 months)
- Experience with .NET languages such as C#, ASP.NET, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining Oracle or SQL Server databases.
- Experience creating and maintaining web services
- Can learn new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study
- Experience working in a software lifecycle including requirements, design, code, and test
- Experience with working in a collaborative environment
- Team player attitude and willing to lead when necessary
- Able to prepare impact assessments for new functionality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent problem solver
- Highly motivated
- Experience with HC operational processes
- Experience as a SharePoint administrator
- Experience working with virtual employees
- Experience developing user interfaces that are Section 508 compatible
- Experience with web frameworks such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Marionette, and Node
- Experience using enterprise- based development tools such as ClearQuest, ClearCase, etc.
- Experience working with BPM platforms such as OpenText Process Suite and MetaStorm
- Experience developing applications with Java
- Experience utilizing PaaS and/or SaaS technologies
- Experience implementing and administering a cloud environment
- Experience remediating security vulnerabilities in web applications