Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates opportunities for Deployment Engineers in various locations
Provide system administration support for production environments that includes effectively and collaboratively working in a team environment. At customer locations, provides engineering support with the overarching responsibility for implementation and optimization of hardware, software products and multi-vendor systems. Includes oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation, limiting critical system downtime. The Deployment Engineer shall support managing teams in project planning, coordination and technical advisement to team members and site customers to facilitate system hardware and software installations, networking, relocation, and storage upgrades, at Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) locations.
- Install and configure server, storage, and network equipment in blade server rack configurations and associated provisioning.
- Using the OSI model, engineers must quickly determine what may be causing the particular issue and take steps to resolve or escalate to the entity required to resolve the issue. If the resolution is outside of the engineers purview, such as network issues, they are required to work with the required entity to resolve the issue and then document the issue/resolution.
- Configure and test electronic health record (EHR) application system interfaces.
- They will be member of a team that will develop and refine testing procedures/plans
- Assisting in the development of step by step instructions. Issues incurred during migrations are vast and the Engineer will have to have the skillset and knowledge to independently troubleshoot outside of the documented lessons learned.
- Perform configuration changes within OpenVMS and Multinet.
- Troubleshoot network communications with virtualized systems and the network infrastructure.
- Resolve or escalated critical developments which may impact exceeding scheduled downtimes.
- Daily updates to customers and management with pre and post installation meetings and completion of Installation Activity Completion Reports.
- Plans, prepares and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities. May oversee a team of field service technicians and train, monitor, and otherwise assist lower level service technicians.
- Basic Qualifications
- Must be a US Citizen
- A minimum of 10 yrs/15 yrs/18 years of experience with software engineering, integration, and server configuration and maintenance.
- Experience with various operating systems to include MS Windows Server, Linux/Red Hat, and OpenVMS.
- Experience working with VMWare vCenter 5.0 and higher. Understanding of VMware networking configuration.
- DoD 8570 certification (Security+ and Operating System certification) can be met within 3 months.
- Candidates MUST have or be eligible to obtain an ADPII clearance for consideration
- Familiarity with HP C7000 enclosures and blade servers including firmware updates.
- Acquainted with HP storage configuration EVA4400 / P6350 or 3PAR StoreServ.
- A strong aptitude in the resolution of issues relating to hardware, software, and networking is required.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices.
- Networking understanding including DHCP, Static addressing, Ports and Protocols.
- Familiarity with DoD deployment environments.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent systems and work experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.