Leidos Corporate has an opening for an International Payroll Specialist to join our Enterprise Business Operations (EBO) Group in Reston, VA. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day payroll functions in an efficient and timely manner under the supervision of Director Global Payroll Systems & International Payroll Operations to ensure assigned employees receive on-time and accurate paychecks. The International Payroll team handles complex & special pay situations Leidos employees based on missions around the world and works closely with the US Payroll team to process US Expat shadow or split payrolls as needed.
Responsibilities and duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Calculate, compile and submit accurate information and adjustments into the payroll processing software for employees grouped by country.
- Calculate pay components in compliance with local country wage & social tax regulations.
- Oversees and participates in pre- & post- payroll auditing procedures and troubleshoot anomalies.
- Provide support in researching human resource and benefits issues specific to International Payroll processing.
- Process split or shadow payrolls for US Expatriates when necessary.
- Work with the external payroll provider to ensure seamless employee payments, efficient local payroll processing & reporting practices.
- Administer comp leave balances and manage gross-up/net payroll calculations in conjunction with the international payroll vendor specific to each country.
- Generate payroll reports and distribute to assigned distribution lists.
- Support of labor reconciliation to the General Ledger and International Accounting teams.
- Respond to employee questions and concerns regarding their pay and communicate those to the appropriate team members.
- Review escalation issues and communicate to the Director as needed.
- Conduct specialized research into issues and provide recommendations for payroll processing and outputs.
- Assist with wage audits, tax reporting and adjustments. Participate and support SOX and other compliance audits.
- Comply and adhere to multiple payroll policies and procedures.
- Participates in system enhancements and upgrade testing to validate expected functionality as designed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED Degree and 3-5 years of corporate payroll experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of international payroll systems (e.g. ADP Streamline, Celergo CGC) and supporting business processes, timekeeping software (e.g. Deltek T&E) and other payroll related technology systems.
- 3 - 5 year experience processing split or shadow payrolls for US Expatriates working in OCONUS locations.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven payroll environment.
- Strong communication and administration skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Ability to process accounting functions and formulas in Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Ability to assist in advanced ad-hoc projects.