No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Assist the Quality Manager with the planning, administration, and implementation of an effective and economical Quality Control Program
• Supervise work performed by the Quality Department and oversee the completion of assignments
• Develop quality controls, standards, methods, and procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the products and services delivered to the customer
• Assist the project team in achieving daily performance/contractual objectives
• Work independently with the customer on complex projects/tasks to meet major objectives or improve major processes
• Apply industry standards for quality best practices, policies, theories, concepts, and techniques
• Supervise the Instructor Selection, Training, Certification, and Sustainment processes to ensure the highest quality of product delivery to the customer
• Performs internal audits, surveillances, and quality control inspections on all functional areas of the contract
• Oversee the contractual compliance with controlled procedures, plans, policies, and other contractual directives
• Lead the corrective action, preventive action, and continuous improvement processes
• Oversee the instructor performance evaluation and trends processes
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent of associate's degree with additional years of related work experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining a Q/A program, controlling documentation and records, or performing internal audits and inspections
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with ISO 9001, Six Sigma, or other industry standard quality management principles
• Working ability to collect, chart, analyze, and interpret data for purposes of trending and process improvements.
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• Completion of formal quality management training
• More than 3 years of experience managing multiple work projects
• More than 3 years of experience analyzing performance trend data