No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs to provide technical, analytical, and liaison support for implementing systems engineering and configuration management functions and activities in connection with a nuclear weapon life extension progarm. The scope encompasses establishing technical and programmatic liaisons; and creating a strategic interface with decision makers and decision making tools on behalf of the Federal program manager.
This is a full time position in the NNSA offices in Albuquerque, NM
This position requires specific experience developed during engagement on large programs with Federal and/or defense agencies in the following areas.
• Development and implementation of systems engineering processes
• Configuration Management efforts and activities
• Development and integration of requirements
• Analysis and studies that support informed decision making
• Planning for verification and validation (V&V) activities
• Technical and programmatic assessments
• Program Reviews
• Technical support for risk management
The Systems Engineering and Configuration Management Analyst has primary responsibility to provide subject matter expertise and analysis to the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to assigned Product Realization Team component design activities, risk assessment and risk management, and assist in implementing direction. Additionally, perform Configuration Management (CM) duties to ensure all product designs are traceable to requirements; change is controlled and documented; interfaces are defined; and there is consistency between the product and its supporting documentation.
Job responsibilities include providing support for the following:
• Supporting the Program Office with technical planning development and assisting with the tracking and monitoring of cross-site technical activities.
• Creating, updating, and maintaining useful, practical, and comprehensive plans in coordination with the System Management Team.
• Ensuring emphasis on oversight of SE&I requirements management, and change control at the Product Realization Team level.
• Plan, implement, and run CM for the program using a systems engineering approach.
• Documenting high-level requirements and linkages to all configuration activities.
• Administer and control documents following configuration methodologies.
• Evaluate/audit CM processes and outcomes to determine the effectiveness of CM control systems.
• Recommending methods for V&V of programmatic activities including requirements and their traceability, reviews, and testing using systems engineering principles, as well as providing assistance for implementation of V&V activities.
• Implementing a configuration management process encompassing internally generated and contractor generated documents, data, and shared interface documentation.
• Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelors of Science degree in engineering, science, or other relevant field.
• At least 12 years of related program management of large projects and technical experience in military, government, or corporate construction, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
• Systems engineering and configuration management experience.
• Performance of studies and analyses to support informed decision making with effective approaches for the conduct of independent assessments.
• Success in developing and implementing effective systems engineering and configuration management processes and tools.
• Implementation of risk management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
• Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management and senior leadership.
• Master's degree in a related field.
• Work with requirements management, risk management and configuration management of large projects.
• INCOSE certification.
• Program Management Institute certification as a project management professional (PMP).
• Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams and integrating work of multiple contractors.
• Prior experience with NNSA headquarters, NNSA field (e.g., SNL, LANL or LLNL) or the Department of Defense (e.g., Air Force, Navy, Army, DTRA).