The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Test Engineer to work at our Annapolis Junction location. If the ideal candidate is found, he/she may work in our San Diego or Aurora, Colorado locations. Approximately 5% travel will be required if located in CA or CO (~2-4 days every 12 weeks). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
A Test Engineer is needed to write system-level test procedures for testing and evaluating changes made to software applications and to helping correct defects discovered during development, test, and/or operational use. Job duties include performing integration and system level testing.
The selected individual will perform system test at all levels from component (module), integration testing through system and end-to-end evaluation testing. He/she will provide development and implementation of test procedures and test reports. He/she will support the software configuration management process and understand all software components and their interface requirements. He/she will develop test data and define test acceptance criteria and will provide and utilize system testing expertise, including knowledge of Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) and other test documentation, test plans, test methodologies, subsystem interface testing, and software module testing. He/she will also assist the software development team and will be responsible for effectively interfacing with the following groups: software development, system engineering, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
- Requires BS Degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in testing through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes.
- Must have experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits.
- Must have experience testing systems from existing system and functional specifications.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience using automated test tools (i.e., Selenium, Cucumber).
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (i.e., Java, shell, Python).
- SAFe® Agilist or DevOps certification.
External Referral Eligible