The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to work at our Annapolis Junction location. If the ideal candidate is found, he/she may work in our San Diego or Aurora, Colorado locations. Approximately 5% travel will be required if located in CA or CO (~2-4 days every 12 weeks). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
A Senior Systems Engineer is needed to provide support for a large, complex, mature system development and integration effort. The selected candidate will provide overall system engineering expertise in the architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, high level and detailed system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will develop detailed system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities also include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns.
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with technical professionals from customer organizations when necessary.
- Masters Degree with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Certification.