Leidos is seeking a proven Senior Data Engineer to join an internal team responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining a customer facing solution framework for Bids & Proposals in support of Coding Challenges and Technical Demonstrations. This team will work directly with corporate Technical Core Competency leads to inject discriminating capability into new business acquisitions. This team will also perform Independent Research and Development (IRAD) in support of the organization's Agile SecDevOps program. The Senior Data Engineer will be a critical member of this dynamic team, working with corporate SMEs, business partners, and customers to drive new business through innovative approaches to critical customer problems.
• Develops automated tools supporting CI/CD and automated testing. Installs, configures, and administers infrastructure (CloudFormation, OpenShift) supporting Docker container deployment in AWS, Azure
• Designs and develops software tools to perform extract, transform, and load of new data assets into the data model on the cloud. Develops tests verifying correct transformation and load and adherence to the security model. Develops data load solutions meeting performance requirements.
• Designs and develops workflow components to integrate analytics into automated processing infrastructure. Integrates analytics with data stores and with event-driven / messaging architecture underlying automated workflows. Develops component-level tests for verification.
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Significant CI/CD experience and strong AWS system administration skills
• Extensive experience using CloudFormation or Terraform
• Experience with cloud platform services: Azure or AWS
• Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources
• AWS Professional Certifications
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Build Servers and Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
• Dependency Management tools: Maven, Gradle
• Configuration Management tools: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
• Versioning and Git based source control
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.