The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Software Developer to work in our Chambersburg, PA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) mission. In this mission we provide all encompassing IT services to our DoD customer. The project needs a hands on Oracle ODI Developer to build appropriate ELT processes in an Oracle environment. You will contribute in a team environment to research, design, develop, and support a software system which is undergoing significant modernization. Partial teleworking is an option for the right candidate, but will need to be in the Chambersburg, PA office predominately.
- Work closely with functional and architecture teams to analyze business and IT requirements
- Design high level and low level ELT components that meet functional requirements and performance needs.
- Build and implement high performance ELT (Extraction, Load and Transform) process flows using appropriate ODI components to load packages for data warehousing. Debug mappings to resolve code issues. Perform unit and system testing of ELT packages
- Implement security configurations within ODI working closely with the Security and Architecture teams
- Implement interfaces for loading Source data into Staging area and Staging data into Dimension and Fact tables of the Reporting Data mart.
- Perform housekeeping activities of ODI platform, ODS and data flows
- Create load plans to run the scenarios in a hierarchy of sequential and parallel steps
- Develop stored procedures, functions, packages and database triggers using Oracle SQL*Developer and PL/SQL to improve query performance.
- Perform extensive data modeling activities using standard COTS tools.
- Extensively work with large Databases in Development, Testing and Production environments.
- Perform across the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from concept development, design, testing, implementation, integration and deployment
- Develop and maintain software technical documentation to assist with software and application maintenance and upgrades
- Closely work with the test team to develop test plans and procedures to ensure comprehensive testing of the ELT processes.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods
- Collaborate in team environment and develop new solutions within a culture that embraces best practices and industry standard processes and delivery of high quality solutions
- Adheres to laws, standards, established guidelines and industry best practices for development and delivery of software applications.
- A BS degree in computer science or related field and 4 - 8 years of relevant experience or a Masters Degree in computer science or related field and 2 - 6 years of relevant experience.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and troubleshoot applications
- Proficiency in Oracle ODI 12c (required) - including customizing Knowledge Modules using PL/SQL, Python, and/or Java
- Proficiency with working in Oracle 12c environment, SQL and PL/SQL (packages, stored procedures, triggers). Expertise in working with Oracle SQL*Developer
- Proficiency in data warehousing concepts, terminology, and architecture. Knowledge of dimensional modeling
- Experience working with multiple source/target systems such as Oracle, XML files, flat files and excel documents
- General knowledge of DISA STIGS and how they influence and establish best-practices within the IT environment
- Goal oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment, multi-task and deliver high quality work, to learn, excel and deliver at a quick pace is required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to create software design and engineering documents
- Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
- Security + certification - preferred
- Oracle Data Integrator Administration