Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Database Team Manager in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) - Information Technology (IT) program.
Location: Vicksburg, MS highly preferred. May consider other locations and/or remote work.
The Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
Supervises a team of database administrators that define, and/or oversees database organization, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
Supervises technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
Supervises the development of applications that provide database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
Supervises the design, and implementation, of databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
Supervisor will ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date. Will develop and apply procedures for periodic database backup.
Supervisor will assist application DBAs/developers and end-users with the resolution of problems related to Oracle, SQL and Sybase database.
Manage a team of database administrators. Oversees system backups, hardware/software installation and upgrades. Establishes work and on-call schedules, maintains good order and discipline and ensures all subordinates are properly trained to perform assigned tasks.
1. Supervise a team consisting of 5-10 Database Administrators
2. Manages team workloads and establish priorities within the team to meet contractual obligations.
3. Establish guidelines for employees to balance project versus break-fix workload.
4. Review resumes and conduct technical interviews with candidates as needed.
5. Provide feedback to management regarding employee performance evaluations.
6. Administers policy as provided by the test engineers and security engineer.
7. Ensures that all subordinate employees are trained and understand ASI EHS, and QA, requirements and goals. Maintain documentation as necessary to meet these requirements.
8. Implements and maintains a safe workplace program, ensuring safety is the highest priority.
9. Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing.
10. Interacts professionally with the ACE-IT and other agency officials.
11. Performs other duties as required.
Masters' Degree and 3 years' experience or Bachelor's Degree and 5 years' experience working with Database Administration.
Understanding of basic security principles and their application to an Active Directory Environment.
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification.
Must have at least one of the following: Security +, GSEC, SCNP, or SSCP.
Must be able to work rotating shift schedules which provide 24 hour day/7 day week coverage.
• Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
• Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
• Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
• Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
• Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
• Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)