• Developing, coordinating, consolidating, and maintaining governance and programmatic documents (e.g. AFIs, policies, records, etc.), action plan recommendations, task and inquiry responses, and issue resolution action plans
• Providing detailed updates to leadership and interested parties by participating in meetings and coordinating, consolidating, developing and delivering associated meeting materials (e.g., slides, after action reports, minutes)
• Preparing staff packages and products (e.g. staff summary sheets, presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence, background papers, talking papers, and white papers, etc.) for Senior Executive Service or General Officer, and Presidential Appointee-level audiences
• Arranging and participating in working groups, forums, and collaborative events while working with OSD, Joint Staff, other Service staff(s), HAF directorate(s), MAJCOM(s), Center(s), and other government offices and agencies to respond to queries, requests for information, and other support for the programs listed above and in developing Courses of Actions, supporting facts and estimates, and recommendations on SAF/IEIP programs
• Recommending policy updates in areas of Installation Planning, Base Realignment and Closure, Environmental Impact Analysis, and Climate Change which is consistent with Executive Orders, laws, and DoD policy
• Monitoring financial issues for Appropriations associated with prior-BRAC rounds (BRAC 1988, 1991, 1993, 1995, and 2005) in order to prepare accurate financial and program status reports, to include the annual BRAC program Justification Book
• Maintaining proficiency in BRAC process, DoD policies and analytical tools for BRAC, and advising AF leaders on BRAC process. Upon direction, the A&AS shall advise and assist in training staff on BRAC process, performing military value and capacity analyses, and preparing cost/savings estimates with OSD-approved models
• Research current tools, data sets, applications and processes, investigate applicability to programs, and provide programmatic recommendations, impact analysis and future application concepts to stakeholders on Federal, State, Tribal, and local agencies efforts to assess projected climate impacts to mission
• Assist with performing technical, financial and management analysis of program budgets in support of Program Objective Memorandum (POM) build, Budget Estimate Submission(s) (BES), President’s Budget (PB) requests, and execution reports for BRAC, EIC, and other programs associated with Installation Planning portfolio(s)
• Coordinating and collaborating with OSD, Joint Staff, other Service staff(s), HAF directorate(s), MAJCOM(s), Center(s), and other government offices and agencies to respond to queries, requests for information, and other support to programs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.