Job Requisition:Security Systems Engineer (SME-Splunk) - TS/SCI w/ Poly
Expert knowledge on architecting, sizing, configuration of Splunk for a large complex enterprise environment. Experienced with assessing existing Splunk infrastructure, identifying gaps and designing or fixing Splunk forwarders, Indexers, search heads and front end dashboard configuration for end users groups. Candidates will focus on Splunk on a day to day basis but be able to support the operations team to maintain or trouble network or system issues as directed by management. Candidates will work with various orgs to collect requirements and designed and configure Splunk to index the proper log information and display query results that is appropriate to the various orgs mission.
- This role is responsible for protecting the organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction.
- Duties include managing and enforcing security strategies and policies within established guidelines. Responsibilities include IT Security Strategy, CyberSecurity, and Compliance and Risk Management.
- 5-8 years of Splunk experience
- 10 years of network engineering
- 10 years Direct hands on experience with OS Windows and RHEL or CENTOS
- At least 2 or more Certification: CISSP, Splunk, Network+, Security+, OSCP, Windows, Cisco, CEH, Juniper, RHEL
- Maters Degree and 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate and 13-16 years of prior relevant experience. HS Diploma and 4 additional years of expereince in lieu of degree is acceptable.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.