Leidos is looking for a Senior Electronic Discovery Technician to support our efforts at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) at 1155 21st Street NW, Washington DC. The period of performance is through March 29, 2020 with annual renewals anticipated thereafter.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Serve as a senior member for a team of data intake technicians, and support leadership activities in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Use advanced knowledge of eDiscovery processes, industry best practices, and data intake technologies, to provide exceptional Centralized Processing Intake (CPI) service to customer clients and case teams.
- Work independently to analyze contents of electronic production data sets and determine the best method to process data based on knowledge of the eDiscovery industry, data contents, customer requirements, and end users needs
- Ability to quickly digest accompanying cover letters to determine source, producing party, production date, and data contents of production.
- Perform and monitor automated data uploads, and virus scan electronic data for potential viruses/malware.
- Resolve virus/malware issues with customer's IT security team.
- Define processing requirements based on eDiscovery knowledge, and prepare work orders for other personnel to process data.
- May interact with client attorney teams, IT department, and customer's opposing counsel to resolve deficiencies with data productions.
- Scan cover letters and small volume of physical paper and assist with ad-hoc administrative support duties as needed.
- Send FTP credentials to outside parties and download data from FTP sites.
- Duplicate media as needed and stage data on network shared drives for processing and loading by other personnel.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree.
- At least two (2) years of experience in an eDiscovery, litigation support, technical, or relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of technical Relativity experience on data loading and processing
- Must be able to recognize various electronic file types (e.g., Word, PDF, ZIP).
- Must have some familiarity with MS Office desktop applications such as Word and Outlook.
- Experience in multi-tasking is required.
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a federal government background check
- Previous experience with virus scanning electronic files is helpful.
- Previous experience scanning documents is helpful.
- Previous supervisory or team leadership experience is helpful.
- Experience with the following is valued:
- Legal Files
- Globalscape Cute FTP
- Encryption software (True Crypt and Vera Crypt)
- Virus Scanning Softwares (Bitdefender, Symantec, Microsoft Essentials)
- PST Walker
- Current or active clearance