In our Albuquerque, NM office we are looking for an Electro-Optical Engineer to design and perform a variety of electro-mechanical-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing fun experiments primarily in a laboratory with some field testing. You will be at the forefront of new and defining research into the basic of laser and laser systems development.
Fun stuff on the job:
• Experience with lasers, sources, optics, electro-optics, detectors, cameras, calibration equipment and diagnostic equipment is required for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro/mechanical-optical experiments. Understanding of mechanical systems and interaction with optical systems. Design, procure parts for, build, align and calibrate custom testbeds and test equipment.
• Design, procures parts for, build and test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
• Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
• Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools using software such as MATLAB.
• Develop and analysis of optical layouts using ZEMAX.
• Develop and analysis of electro-mechanical layouts using SolidWorks
• The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
Skills you must have to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, systems engineering or mathematics with some prior relevant experience.
• Must be able to obtain Secret security clearance.
• Experience with the following: operating mechanical-electro-optical equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, and characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
• Experience with lasers, sources, optics, electro-optics, detectors, cameras, calibration equipment and diagnostic equipment.
• Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power point.
• Must have strong mechanical skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with MATLAB, LabVIEW, ZEMAX, Solid-works
• Master's degree in listed fields.
• Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection and test reporting.
External Referral Program