Leidos is looking for a Senior Paralegal to work on-sight in support of the Civil Rights Division.
Works under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal. Work products are reviewed prior to submission; however, often develops these products with minimal direct supervision other than written guidelines. Performs moderately complex legal research; synopsizes transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use; reviews case related materials and, for example, identifies potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further investigation; writes preliminary drafts of simple legal memoranda and correspondence. Contact with other Contractor staff, and with trial staff.
- Requires paralegal certificate.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very extremely helpful.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Must be a US Citizen, Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.