- The Defense group at Leidos is actively seeking a DevOps Engineer needed to provide technical leadership in system administration and operational support for the DISA Software Defined Networking project in Ft. Meade, MD. The position will support partial telecommuting, but will require regular on-site work at customer sites at either Scott AFB, IL or Fort Meade, MD.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will provide technical leadership in system administration, operational, and software configuration management for the DISA Software Defined Networking (SDN) project. The leader will have responsibility for development, production and pre-production environments, and will also be responsible for the project's configuration management, including the planning, implementation and execution of successful build and deployment of code updates to each upstream environment, planning and implementing the configuration management of underlying COTS/FOSS and maintaining patching baselines, as well as owning and ensuring adherence to the program's CM procedures. The candidate will need a proactive attitude, strong customer service skills and the ability to integrate into an existing technical team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, technical and project management leadership tasks including:
- Lead software configuration management (SCM) planning and version control, conduct software builds, manage software build scripts, maintain build management servers and create/maintain release documentation.
- Provide software configuration management (SCM) support throughout a software product's life cycle (initial software development through promotion to Test, QA and Production Environments)
- Provide guidance to a team of software engineers and systems administrators, providing technical direction, leadership, and training to ensure configuration control of all software, hardware and other configuration items. Provide technical direction, leadership, and training on CM processes .
- Manage parallel software development and release cycles as well as providing SCM for a large distributed development network with remote partners.
- Coordinate with other teams on operational matters to ensure the SCM program is implemented in accordance with approved policies and plans.
- Ensure the consistency and reliability of software builds
- Ensure congruence of the various hardware, software, configurations and interfaces maintained under strict configuration control
- Oversight & responsibility for systems administration, DevOps and information assurance process adherence, including:
- Providing configuration management and automation for RedHat Linux servers
- Provide Database configuration management, automation and administration (PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
- Automate systems administration tasks using Ansible
- Automate system tasks using Bash or Python for scripting
- Maintain system availability and performance
- Provide user account management and user access controls.
- Briefing the Customer on a regular basis on the status of the environments
The position will support partial telecommuting, but will require regular on-site work at customer sites at either Scott AFB, IL or Fort Meade, MD.
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Strong communication skills - able to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and Program leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude toward anticipating, identifying and solving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other systems configuration management and automation tools
- Experience with applying STIG requirements
- SCM experience in a variety of software development projects.
- Must have at least two years of experience managing software baselines and producing builds of software configurations.
- Strong experience in branch management, including branch merges and troubleshooting merge issues.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of software configuration management plans
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with Git, or a similar version control system.
- Experience with working at a Unix/Linux command line, specifically RHEL
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain an SSBI and/or Top Secret security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+CE.
- Experience with software-defined networking (SDN)
- Experience with network function virtualization (NFV) and virtual network functions (VNF)
- Experience with network devices, such as routers, firewalls, network service orchestrators and/or SDN controllers
- Experience with DoD hosting environments
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Jenkins for automated deployments from a version controlled source.
- Experience with CM of containerized virtualization environments, such as Docker
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development environment
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with static code analysis, particularly security scans
- Experience integrating SCM/build tools with defect tracking and project management tools, such as Jira
- Experience integrating code review systems into the SCM process