Leidos has an opening for a lead Windows Server Systems Administrator to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a lead Windows Server Systems Administrator and manage, operate and maintain Windows servers and related services in a combination of on-premises and cloud-based configurations. The candidate will be engaged in a wide range of Windows-related activities - Active Directory, anti-virus/anti-malware solutions, backup/restore, etc.
• Play a lead role in the management of the NEST Windows environment. Work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
• Help create a consistent Windows operating environment to support the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers. This assignment will include Windows servers and clients. It will enable the candidate to establish the Windows management solution for one of the world's leading research organizations - NASA.
• Lead the operation of the NASA Data at Rest solution (e.g., BitLocker).
• Help define and support the anti-virus and data-at-reat solutions for NASA
• Define the account hierarchy and document how to set up administrator and service accounts and install system wide .
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures.
• Help define (with the Security team) security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule
Required Skills and Typical Education:
• Excellent understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• Experience with SCCM, SCOM, and BigFix.
• Experience with Windows backup tools (e.g., NetBackup, Windows Backup)
• Detailed knowledge of anti-virus/anti-malware tools (e.g., McAfee, Windows Defender).
• Detailed knowledge of Data-At-Rest solutions (e.g., Symantec, Windows BitLocker).
• Remote Desktop Services (Login and Security), including Citrix, experience
• PowerShell Script design and coding experience
• Experience managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
• Knowledge of certificate management (e.g., Certificate Authorities)
• Active Directory and GPO administration experience is required.
• Experience with system monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, etc.)
• Very good written and verbal communications skills
• Experience leading a small team.
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• MCSE certification
• Good understanding of storage technologies (e.g., NetApp, EMC) and how these technologies fit into the Windows environment
• Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
Experience is AWS or Azure, Azure AD
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.