Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for an IT Program Manager role located in Austin, TX. The selected candidate will support initiatives involving the development, design, and optimization of one of more IT and systems functions supporting customer business processes and technical information system platforms. Responsible for status reports, customer relationship management, program reviews, and other program performance functions. Collaborates with functional staff to address corporate initiatives and requirements.
The IT Program Manager will provide Business Continuity Program (BCP) support for Business Continuity Management programs at Enterprise Operations (SDE EO) data centers by organizing and assisting in managing Business Continuity (BC) project initiatives. U tilize a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), to include coordinating routine updates to the detailed information supporting the Business Continuity procedures, which includes:
- Contact lists
- Personnel assignments list,
- Hardware and software specifications
- Disaster recovery procedures
- Application testing procedures
- Application infrastructure diagrams
- Vital records inventory lists
- Off-site backup schedules
The IT Program Manager will coordinate electronic access to business continuity plans and procedures and assist in administering the SDE EO's software packages containing the BC plans. The IT Program Manager will coordinate all software installations with the appropriate VA systems administrators and security managers prior to introducing new VA approved software to the SDE EO network. The IT Program Manager will maintain the BCP software including all administrative and security controls at the application level including:
- Creating user accounts,
- Establishing and maintaining security profiles in the application,
- Training users,
- Monitoring plans,
- Facilitating planning,
- Installing software release u pdates
The IT Program Manager will perform the following:
- Support Virtual Corporation's Sustainable Planner business continuity management software and create reports using VA's Crystal Reports.
- Maintain professional certification such as Disaster Recovery International's (DRI) Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) certification or equivalent training or experience .
- Design and maintain Business Contingency Plans including designing and maintaining the SDE EO VA management approved written Business Contingency (BC) plans for emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, and business resumption.
Conduct Gap Analysis, including conducting full business continuity gap analysis for all levels of the organization (for each major business function, and for each critical system, assure that all business continuity steps are conducted including:
- Risk assessments,
- Business impact analysis
- Continuity strategy development
- Plan creation (emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, and business resumption),
- Required BC training
- Plan maintenance
- Tabletop testing and/or disaster recovery exercise
- Conduct tests and exercises including ensuring that all technical components of the Business Continuity plans are successfully tested at least annually, or whenever changes are made to those components
Plan and coordinate at least one simulation exercise a year, involving all critical systems, applications and business units including:
- An annual test of selected computer systems at the designated hot sites
- Establishing the testing schedule and coordinating the testing with all VA corporate data center offices, other involved Government agencies and offices
- Documenting and provide to the COR the results of all tests and exercises
- Identifying and recommending any enhancements to the Business Continuity plans and procedures.
- Review, analyze and recommend processes and procedures for current VA management approved business processes, directives and handbooks, and other business policies and practices for Enterprise Operations.
- A ll recommendations shall be reviewed and approved by Government representatives prior to implementing any change. Based on Government approval, establish and implement VA management approved processes relating to BC for the SDE EO data center hot sites.
- Participate in examining and if necessary reengineering existing VA management approved processes to improve SDE EO DCO.
- Provide training and awareness including establishing, implementing, monitoring and tracking training for all VA personnel with specific Business Continuity responsibilities, and report training status to SDE EO management.
- Execute emergency procedures including providing 24x7x365 on-call support for any emergency which may require activation of all or part of the Business Continuity plans in the event that activation is required, serving as liaison between the Crisis Management team (i.e. senior management) and the Business Continuity teams (i.e. the teams recovering operations at the alternate facilities and the teams restoring operations at the alternate workspace recovery site).
- Maintain VA Sustainable Planner Software including managing the BCM program utilizing VA Sustainable Planner software for core documentation, planning, and audit compliance.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 15 yrs experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Extensive experience in the following technical fields: Disaster Recovery program management, COOP, Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) and Sustainable Planner is a plus.
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Ability to set priorities and adapt to changes in a quickly and professionally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at every level
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information
- Strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills