Leidos is seeking a Cyber Network Defense (CND) ArcSight SME (Subject Matter Expert) to perform technical work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD's JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD's security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. This position is responsible for providing configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for ArcSight devices (loggers, ArcMC, ESMs) installed in the JRSS environment.
As the CND ArcSight SME, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools deployed in stacks. Must be able to integrate with other technical teams, with DISA personnel, with vendor technical support personnel, and with technical representatives from DoD services, working as part of an integrated, cross-platform team that provides CND capability, and military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used.
You will support ArcSight tools deployed in stacks and will assist with initial configuration, troubleshooting, support and project management. Candidate should have extensive CND architectural design experience as well as significant hands-on experience with ArcSight.
The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Install and configure the tools (including ArcSight ESM, Loggers, Connectors, etc.)
- Integrate the tool for enterprise data collection to include capacity monitoring.
- Configure the tools to work with Syslog, File and Database collection of events.
- Create and edit content to both monitor and alert on security incidents.
- Provide guidance to both internal and external Customer issues and supporting tickets.
- Monitor the tool's health and performance.
- Tune system parameters to enhance/improve system performance.
- Provide Tier 2/3 troubleshooting for ArcSight issues, either within the tool or as part of an integrated team of professionals addressing larger issues
- Assist other JRSS teams that perform lifecycle O&M on the tools by acting as tool expert
- Configure, troubleshoot, and monitor event flows including the integration of source tool data into ArcSight's SIEM for use by cyber intrusion analysts
- Provide "on the job training" to less experienced JRSS, DISA or DoD Services' team members
- Act as the senior subject matter expert on the tool for interactions with other teams
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of experience; or 2+ years of experience with a related Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- To be a successful fit to this assignment, you should be well versed in TCP/IP communications.
- Have a general knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network.
- Familiar with the MS Office tool suite.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Per contract requirements, U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Prior experience as a network intrusion analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
- Experience with one or more of the other CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
- Fidelis DLP and MDE
- Tipping Point