Leidos Internal Audit is searching for a Senior Manager jo in its team located in Reston VA. We are looking for someone with excellent communications skills and the ability to promote value adding capabilities to management.
In this role, you will be a key member of the Internal Audit team and responsible for all audit activities including risk assessment, audit planning and execution within budget; development and management of the team.
This position requires 20% - 25% domestic travel, and potentially international.
- Support, direct, plan, and evaluate Audits and Advisory projects, including focusing on various areas, such as Internal Controls, Operational, Compliance and Financial risks.
- Assist the Vice President of Internal Audit with the development and maintenance of planning and budgeting systems, the preparation of internal audit reports and procedures, and the presentation of findings and specific recommendations to Senior Management.
- Facilitate work with external auditors and other risk management-related departments, including Government Compliance, Ethics and Compliance, and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Leverage expertise in audits, finance, accounting, and IT and apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Work on unusually complex problems and provide highly creative solutions. Use independent judgement to accomplish objectives and be self-motivated and directed.
- Maintain direct supervision of a team of staff and outside contractors and interact with executive-level management directly.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and minimum 8 years of experience with internal auditing or public accounting, including directing, planning, and evaluating overall internal audit programs
- 3 years of experience leading internal audit functions and managing audit teams
- Experience with operational auditing
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills to be applied appropriately across all levels of the organization
- Possession of excellent project management, organizational, and strategic and innovative critical thinking skills
- Experience in a corporate role, including internal auditing or corporate controller organization
- Experience with IT auditing
- Prior government consulting experience or experience working in a government department or quasi government organization
- CPA or CIA or CISA Certification