The Lead Test Engineer will oversee the verification activities for an Engineering team sustaining a biometrics program, which is finding increased use among intelligence data with law enforcement and immigration agencies. The successful candidate will define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for new and/or modified products or product components; investigate operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel; provide technical support and advice to other engineering groups; guide and direct lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests; participate in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs. The successful candidate will have experience with the full software development life-cycle (SDLC) using the waterfall methodology and have demonstrable skills executing engineering processes to include requirements gathering, planning, and test.
- Perform requirements analysis and apply technical knowledge to create test cases and contribute to test plans and reports
- Configure laptop, server, and handheld systems IAW documented instructions
- Execute test procedures and document results
- Enter defects into tracking tool
- Review requirements documents for accuracy and clarity
- Support the verification of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert patches for multiple product baselines by providing technical input and executing tests to verify functionality
- Integrate the whole picture, including Functional, Integration, System, and Regression testing phases
- Execute acceptance test in presence of stakeholders
- Present Test Readiness Review and Production Readiness Review material to stakeholders
- Contribute to Integrated Master Schedule
- Coordinate customer-witnessed acceptance test events
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on verification testing and associated activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 5 years of software engineering experience with the software development life-cycle.. Four years of relevant experience may be used in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC
- Demonstrated software test experience
- Experience with Software Development Management Tools
- US Citizenship
- Must have an active Secret Security clearance.
- Skills using Software Operating Systems including Windows and Relational Database Management Systems
- Experience with biometrics systems
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with executing acceptance tests in stakeholder presence
- Experience with Biometrics algorithms, and biometric matching, collection and storing techniques
- Detail oriented, possess good verbal and written communications skills, and a self-starter.