The Test Engineer will be a key member of a software engineering team sustaining a biometrics program, which is finding increased use among intelligence data with law enforcement and immigration agencies. Provides technical support and advice to other engineering groups with a special focus on Information Assurance and hardware baseline integration. Activities include, but are not limited to: development of test cases that prove established requirements; execution of test procedures; documentation of test results; providing input to patches to resolve Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert findings; and systems administration SME support for the creation of baseline system images. The test engineer will perform these activities both independently and as part of a larger test team.
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Perform requirements analysis and apply technical knowledge to create test cases and contribute to test plans and reports
- Configure laptop, server, and handheld systems IAW documented instructions
- Execute test procedures and document results
- Enter defects into tracking tool
- Review requirements documents for accuracy and clarity
- Support the verification of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert patches for multiple product baselines by providing technical input and executing tests to verify functionality
- Integrate the whole picture, including Functional, Integration, System, and Regression testing phases
- Execute acceptance test in presence of stakeholders
- Verification of and input to IAVA patches
- Systems Administration SME support for hardware baseline images
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 2 years of software engineering experience with the software development lifecycle. Four years of relevant experience may be used in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC
- Experience with Software Development Management Tools
- Demonstrated experience with software verification testing
- US Citizenship
- Requires an active adjudicated Secret security clearance.
- Skills using Software Operating Systems including Windows and Relational Database Management Systems
- Experience with biometrics systems
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with executing acceptance tests in stakeholder presence
- Experience with Biometrics algorithms, and biometric matching, collection and storing techniques
- Detail oriented, possess good verbal and written communications skills, and a self-starter.