No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Service Center in Des Moines, WA
In this role you will create and review designs and drawings as required for the alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Provide engineering inspection/site survey reports for FAA communications towers/ antennas and support buildings to include anchors, foundations and roofing.
- Develop engineering plans for design or relocation of concrete pads and unmanned infrastructure support building, and fiber or copper cable pulls.
- Develop Statement of Work (SOW), schedule, drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Project management including NAS risk mitigation plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and project closeout documentation.
This will be a Part Time position, Minimum of 20 and max of 24 hours per week.
Typically requires BS or equivalent experience (4 years related) And 4-8 years of additional experience.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, concrete foundations, and project scheduling.
- Proven fundamental engineering knowledge in steel, concrete and soils design.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Familiarity with FAA and the National Airspace System (NAS)