Job Requisition:Technical Writer - Navy
Leidos is actively hiring for a Technical Writer with an active TS/SCI clearance to join our team in N. Charleston, SC.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N) Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and technical documentation in accordance with current Navy standards.
- The candidate shall research and obtain available commercial manuals, technical writing, editing, illustration and publication information, as required, to develop or revise existing class 2 and class 3 IETM’s in digital data format.
- The source format shall include XML, HTML and hyperlinked PDF multimedia files.
- IETMs shall comply with Department of the Navy policy on digital product technical data, be compliant with the Advanced Technical Information Support System (ATIS) and the Technical Data Management Information System (TDMIS).
- Other responsibilities include providing feedback on technical documentation, maintaining checklists, and providing critical subject matter expertise support during documentation reviews, product reviews, and program office working groups.
- The candidate must communicate effectively, establish and maintain professional credibility, and be able to work directly and independently with Navy customers, team members, and program management.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with current TS/SCI.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing or related field and 5 years of experience to include: writing technical documentation, procedures and guidelines for C5ISR systems or equipment.
- Extensive experience in the development, writing, formatting, editing, and proofreading of military technical documentation such as system administration manuals, maintenance procedures, standard operational procedures, and architectural overviews.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe authoring products for PDF, XML and HTML.
- Adobe FrameMaker certification, Adobe Dreamweaver certification, Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.