The Defense Group at Leidos, is seeking a Systems Administrator within the Airborne Solutions division. This position is located at Biggs Army Airfield on Ft Bliss, in El Paso, TX. As the System Administrator, you will support the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program that will initially field 4 ARL-E systems to Biggs Army Airfield. The ARL-E system contains an array of reconfigurable sensor packages and supporting Information Technology (IT) systems. Sensors can include Wide Area Surveillance, Light Detection and Ranging, COMINT, and Hyper Spectral. You will maintain this complex array of mission sensors and support IT systems for the cutting edge Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance platform. You'll be based on Biggs Army Airfield and conduct Mission Equipment Payload (MEP) service, repair, reconfiguration, and/or installation services to existing hardware, software, network configurations, and new system initiatives in support of US Army CONUS based operations to ensure the highest levels of system availability and mission completion.
• Participate as a member of the FSR team in support of maintaining the ARL-E fleet MEP for a high tempo CONUS based mission flight program.
• Responsible for ensuring continuous operation of ARL-E Mission Equipment Payloads which includes the COMINT, SIGINT, Radar, HSI and MX-20 systems; you are required to develop extensive knowledge of these specialized sensor systems.
• Responsible for the smooth operations of Linux and Windows Servers in a Virtual Machine environment using ESXi Server Infrastructure and vSphere
• Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of operational system deficiencies and status into Army Aircraft forms.
• Provide support at all required CONUS locations. Roving support at multiple east coast locations as well as Ft Huachuca, AZ may be required.
• Provide assistance with development and adherence to all Leidos and customer policies and procedures
• Will be responsible for training lower level support employees
• Support a complex system of systems by resolving "first" occurrences that require an understanding of a broader set of issues, system operations and analysis to resolve.
• Communicate with internal and external organizations including multiple customer organizations, sensor OEMs, and engineering staff. Communication may include reports, support efforts, and coordination with engineers.
• Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the ARL-E MEP system and be able to resolve complex problems and routine maintenance issues.
Basic Job Qualifications
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
-Requires a Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience allowed in lieu of a degree.
-DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II, OR, the ability to gain certification within 6 months from date of hire
-Must have a strong background in multiple IT and telecommunications disciplines including networking, virtual network environments, Active Directory (AD), Microsoft workstations and servers, Linux servers, databases, and cabling.-• Requires basic knowledge of firewall maintenance and networking.
-Requires experience with HAIPE encryption devices (KGs) and simple key loaders (SKL).
-Requires basic knowledge of and ability to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to network and avionics mission systems
-Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
-Troubleshooting skills with experience using relevant test equipment
-Experience with troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs of complex systems
-25% CONUS travel required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Current DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II
• Prior experience with ARL-E specific sensors and systems
• Prior experience with airborne sensor support (FMV, Hyperspectral, COMINT)
• IT system experience supporting ISR systems
• Prior experience with RHEL/2012 R2/2016/vSphere 6
• Prior experience with airborne networking support (LOS/BLOS/SATCOM)