The Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) Systemization, Operations and Closure Support (SOCS) contract has an opening for an Information Technology Specialist at Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) located in Richmond, Kentucky.
BGCAPP will safely and efficiently destroying the stockpile of chemical weapons currently in storage at the Blue Grass Army Depot. The ACWA SOCS contract provides support services to the ACWA Government Field Office at the BGCAPP. Leidos has a multidisciplinary team working onsite with the ACWA client providing services to include engineering, project controls, quality assurance, risk management, safety, cybersecurity, records management, training and administrative support.
- The Information Technology Specialist will support the BGCAPP Government Field Office by providing IT and other office technology support to government and contract staff.
- Primary responsibility include assisting users with problems related to computer and communications services, including operating systems, local area network (LAN) services and various applications packages.
- The IT Specialist will be responsible for gathering data and performing diagnostic techniques to help identify solutions to problems.
- The IT Specialist will monitor the resolution of users' problems, expedite problem resolution efforts and coordinate with vendors and other technicians to resolve problems with telecommunication services, computer hardware, software, and procedures.
- The IT Specialist will serve as a principal point of contact for resolving user questions or problems concerning IT automation systems, software and/or hardware problems, password violations, and telecommunications trouble and work orders determining the nature of the problem (e.g., routine, non-routine, user error, faulty data lines, equipment malfunctions, software malfunctions, etc.) and provide users with solutions to problems.
- The IT Specialist will coordinate with the Army network and telecommunications specialists in monitoring the LAN and Wide Area Network (WAN) and the installation of telecommunication video teleconferencing.
- The IT Specialist must provide expertise to support and maintain the computer network and all electronic systems at the BGAPP GFO to meet ACWA and DoD regulations and directives.
- The IT Specialist will support configuring and installing the necessary computers and networks at the BGCAPP GFO and provide technical support to maintain auxiliary computer equipment, such as printers, plotters, and other electronic equipment and software for internal staff.
- The IT Specialist will be responsible for providing computer training and help desk support to the BGCAPP GFO team related to the use of GFO specific databases, network access, cyber security requirements, and information assurance requirements. The training shall consist of primarily mentoring but both informal and formal instruction shall be provided as directed by the ACWA Site Project Manager.
- The preferred candidate will be required to perform Information Assurance duties registered in the Army Training and Certification Tracking System (ATCTS) (https://atc.army.mil) within thirty days (30) days after contract order award.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Certified Comp TIA A+ or higher.
- Must be a "certified system analyst IAT Level II" (must have one of the following certs- CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE or SSCP).
- Min of 2+ years' experience supporting operational network to include procurement, implementation, configuration, and maintenance of computer, network, and telecommunications equipment.
- Ability to obtain a Government Common Access Card necessary for demilitarization facility access.
- Min of 3+ years' experience in a DoD IT environment.
- Experience working as a tenant on a DoD host organization IT system.