Leidos is seeking an experienced undersea technology professional to support US Navy Intelligence providing expert analysis on existing and future undersea system capabilities, industry technology development, and operational methodologies. Analysis will include domestic and international undersea technology systems (manned & unmanned vehicles, underwater navigation systems, acoustic & optical imaging systems etc.), and will involve research and attendance at selected maritime domestic and international technology conferences.
The candidate shall possess expertise in underwater technologies in order to conduct all-source intelligence analysis focused on analyzing and reporting existing and emerging maritime technology capabilities. Knowledge/expertise in the following underwater systems/technologies is essential:
- Unmanned undersea vehicles
- Manned submersibles
- Seafloor imaging sensors (acoustic & optical)
- Undersea vehicle navigation and positioning
The candidate will need to:
- Possess expertise in analyzing capabilities, readiness and operations of maritime vessels that employ underwater technologies.
- Document analysis and assessments in various memorandum, technical reports and/or briefings to be presented to the Customer and/or designated Customer audiences.
- attend designated underwater technology conferences and collect pertinent information as directed.
- Details of conference attendance shall be documented within a trip report highlighting the collection opportunities and significant elements of information acquired including technical research papers, brochures or other media acquired during conference attendance.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience including all-source intelligence analysis in the maritime domain
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI Security clearance
- Background in foreign maritime analysis
- Solid grasp of maritime vessel operations
- Solid grasp of underwater vehicle systems and operations
- Solid knowledge of maritime system/platform capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills in interacting with customers, colleagues and other technical staff in a courteous and friendly manner
- Demonstrated ability to present information clearly and concisely in both written and oral presentation
- Experience with Geographical Information Systems (ESRI ArcGIS preferred)