Leidos is actively hiring for a Technical Writer with an active TS/SCI clearance to join our team in N. Charleston, SC.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing Distributed Common Ground System - Navy (DCGS-N) Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and technical documentation in accordance with current Navy standards.
- The candidate shall research and obtain available commercial manuals, technical writing, editing, illustration and publication information, as required, to develop or revise existing class 2 and class 3 IETM's in digital data format.
- The source format shall include XML, HTML and hyperlinked PDF multimedia files.
- IETMs shall comply with Department of the Navy policy on digital product technical data, be compliant with the Advanced Technical Information Support System (ATIS) and the Technical Data Management Information System (TDMIS).
- Other responsibilities include providing feedback on technical documentation, maintaining checklists, and providing critical subject matter expertise support during documentation reviews, product reviews, and program office working groups.
- The candidate must communicate effectively, establish and maintain professional credibility, and be able to work directly and independently with Navy customers, team members, and program management.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with current TS/SCI.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing or related field and 5 years of experience to include: writing technical documentation, procedures and guidelines for C5ISR systems or equipment.
- Extensive experience in the development, writing, formatting, editing, and proofreading of military technical documentation such as system administration manuals, maintenance procedures, standard operational procedures, and architectural overviews.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe authoring products for PDF, XML and HTML.
- Adobe FrameMaker certification, Adobe Dreamweaver certification, Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification.