Leidos, Inc. is seeking qualified, creative, and customer-focused technical representative to provide Deskside Technician operational support for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), located in Arlington, TX. This person will be the primary POC and responsible for providing GLINDA EUCS operational desk-side break fix support tasks and activities in addition to providing support for a PC Hardware Refresh of every device at this site deploying Windows10 OS on new desktop and laptop devices to NRC end users. Each candidate should be familiar in conducting non-disruptive desk-side support to deploy Windows 10 configured hardware devices. Use knowledge of MS Office Suite, Remedy, and tools specifically used to support the deployment of these devices is desired. For example, familiarity with Remedy will aid in deploying the hardware devices, ticket processing, and updating the CMDB to capture the change. Excellent analytical and organizational skills preferred. Candidates must be comfortable with communicating with end users and providing status to Leidos and NRC representatives and able to take and execute direction on a tight schedule. Some travel may be required depending on the site supported.
At this Arlington, TX Region IV Site:
- Respond to and remedy moderately complex customer inquiries dispatched by the Customer Support Center concerning technical support issues on a variety of hardware and software problems specific to technology.
- Document all resolutions in the Customer Support Center Ticketing Tool and meets all standards for Time to resolve as dictated by Management for Performance.
- Record inquiries, repair, and service requests, resolve or direct requests to appropriate technical area or vendor, tracks status and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Escalate to or consult with Lead when solution is unclear.
- Perform configuration and deployment of Mobile Devices, Laptops, Thin Clients, and Desktops and associated equipment according to schedule. This will require heavy lifting and moving of equipment.
- Perform Procurement, deployment, support and disposal of the software and hardware environment.
Perform various Asset Control tasks on and off site
- May be asked to provide guided network or systems support as the hands for NRC HQ site specific needs
- Report problems with procedures and make suggestions for improvement.
- BS with 5 years. An additional 4 years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience preparing and deploying Dell Laptop and Desktop Devices with a Windows 10 Image to end users, including a brief tutorial to familiarize the user with the device
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Experience using the Remedy 9 driven ticketing systems and providing deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk
- Break/Fix support for end-user computer devices
- Focus on customer service
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively and appropriately
- Ability to operate efficiently in the execution of standard operating procedures
- Ability to independently prioritize and organize assigned tasks
- Ability to support some after hours and weekend work, including on-call duties
- Ability to follow technical guidance from team members and IT vendors.
- Ability to perform Tier 2 desktop support
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- The following items are desired:
- At least an entry-level understanding and/or ability to learn as many network fundamentals as possible, including but not limited to switching, routing, DNS, DHCP, IPv4, IPv6, subnetting, network segmentation, VLANs, QoS, NAT, firewalls and load balancers
- Experience operating:
- network switches and routers
- firewalls, preferably Palo Alto
- load balancers, preferably F5
- Experience working in data center and LAN closet facilities, including power, cooling, racks, cable plant and cable management
- Experience in tier one problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of network problems.
- Working knowledge of endpoints on the network, including workstations (Windows, OS X, Linux), printers, phones, servers, etc
- Experience in network monitoring and management
- Understanding and ability to follow industry-proven methodologies, preferably ITIL, Lean IT
- Network Professional certifications a plus
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance through the NRC; per contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.