Leidos currently has an opening for a GIS intern to work in our Orlando, Florida office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the SE Core CVEM program. As a GIS intern, the candidate will utilize GIS software and programs to perform assignments related to analyzing geographic information and the creation and maintenance of databases with geographically referenced data.
- Work with related GIS software and programs to create and maintain databases and/or maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data.
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements/required outputs, or to develop applications.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups.
- Pursuing a BA/BS and/or Master's degree preferred in GIS, Geomatics or related field.
- Must have the ability of obtaining a DoD Secret Level Security Clearance, U.S. Citizenship required.
- 0-2 years of GIS experience
- Proficient in ArcGIS, Global Mapper, FalconView or other associated GIS tool suites.
- Photo/imagery interpretation, feature extraction using ArcGIS.
- Experience in applying traditional cartographic principles (label placement, aesthetics)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.