We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Senior Integration and Verification Lead Engineer supporting our work with our Air Traffic Management Customer, but also our wider Civil Portfolio
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
We are looking for an experienced Integration and Verification Lead engineer to join our team and help us deliver a large-scale systems integration project. As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of key I&V activities.
The engineer will work work with customers, suppliers and our I&V engineers to plan and manage the design, creation and execution of system integration tests.
This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided as required, the successful candidate will need to have broad systems test experience, preferably experience within large-scale systems of systems integration programmes
This role will likely expand into supporting other key bid and execution activities across our wider portfolio of Customers within our Civil business
Duties will include:
- Leading teams to deliver testing in a key part of the programme ensuring milestones are met on time and to sufficient quality.
- Working within the I&V leadership team to manage the delivery of I&V services on the programme including addressing issues, resourcing, planning and reporting.
- Reviewing requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of testing.
- Creating and reviewing test plans and test designs, working with third party suppliers to ensure requirements coverage.
- Creating, reviewing and optimizing Testing Processes.
- Documenting test results and defects
- Producing Test Reports and report on interim progress
- Development of strategies to address key aspects of the programme
- Siginficant test experience (ideally part with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), a period of which in lead roles
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces;
- Ability to analyse and review test evidence from suppliers;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Good time management and organisational skills - ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Knowledge of test automation concepts such as keyword driven framework;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- Knowledge of the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling tools