Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support - Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations - Operating the world's longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos is seeking a Proposal Coordinator that will support the Sales Services Team with proposal development and miscellaneous business development tasks for the Commercial Energy Solutions operation. This individual is responsible for delivering RFP compliant proposals and for ensuring clarity and cohesion throughout each document. The Proposal Coordinator will be responsible for collaborating with writers where necessary to improve readability. Responsibilities include but are not limited to creating compliance matrices and outlines; leading proposal kick-off calls; coordinating writing assignments, schedule, and reviews; and editing, formatting, and producing proposals. Requirements for this role include excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail, basic desktop publishing skills, and the ability to work on a team.
- Provide structured writing, editing, and formatting for documents including, but not limited to, proposal responses.
- Edit proposal responses and other documents for grammar, punctuation, clarity, consistency, house style, etc.
- Collaborate with technical personnel to ensure clarity, cohesion, and compliance.
- Provide writing and collection support for various proposal sections (company overviews, resumes, past performance information, human resources, security, management, etc.).
- Maintain document integrity through predefined, structured use of document management system (Microsoft SharePoint).
- Support the development of and adherence to established publication standards and styles.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of proposal documents and company quality standards.
- Provide regular status reports to management for assigned projects.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Collect, format, and edit resumes and collaborate with personnel to update their resumes, ensuring relevance to the specific solicitation.
- Format documents to meet solicitation requirements, and retain consistency with Leidos brand requirements
- Add finishing touches (white glove) to documents, including ensuring all figures are cross referenced in the text, ensuring table designs are consistent, making pages break in ideal spots, updating the table of contents, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Typically Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Communications and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Ability to comprehend relevant levels of technical information and translate into understandable features and benefits for customers.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency with all other Office 365 applications (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook).
- Well organized with ability to expedite multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to publish and produce quality proposals.