At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
As part of our company mission, we're dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
We have a dynamic opportunity for a Chief System Architect, at our Huntsville, AL location. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Unmanned Aircraft System Ground Control Station efforts. Responsibilities include constructing and managing an open system management plan, overseeing the implementation of complex data models, and managing multiple geographically separated system, safety, test, cyber, and software development teams.
• Lead execution of the UASGCSv3 software upgrade effort.
• Participate in the response to the UASGCSv4 RFP and related activities.
• Lead team in creating the Open Systems Management Plan.
• Update existing Leidos System Engineering Management Plan.
• Oversee traceability between modeling activities, and high-level / low-level requirements.
• Utilize USG provided reference architecture to create new or existing complex computer systems utilizing DO-178C, FACE 3.0, UCS 3.4, COE 3, and FoS Block II IOPs.
• In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, provide direction to the system engineering team for systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for software compatibility and maintenance of UASGCSv4 software solution.
• Ensure documentation submissions abide by contract deliverables, to include DO-178C processes.
• Identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies. Develop and recommend corrective actions.
• Participate in alternative analysis, planning, definition, high-level, and low-level design of the new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
• In conjunction with System Engineering team, allocate requirements to subsystems.
• Work with the test engineering lead to create a formal system test process that encapsulates all UASGCSv4 testing requirements.
• Communicate with leadership (internally and client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
• Coach, educate, and indoctrinate as necessary the development team, the management team, and the client team (stakeholders and users) in processes and procedures needed to achieve project success.
-Expert in leading hardware & software integration, systems engineering, and networking activities to deliver a quality system which meets or exceeds customer expectations.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
-Requires a Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Large-scale software development and integration experience.
• Experience with PM-UAS (Program Management-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) requirements.
• Experience with legacy systems re-engineering or "refactoring".
• A DoD Secret level of clearance is required, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI.
• 25% CONUS travel is required