Senior Network Engineer Ashburn VA
The Senior Network Engineer position for the Leidos Flight Service (AFSS) Program is responsible for the management, configuration, maintenance and support of all Production and LAB network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and Intrusion Detection equipment installed in the Leidos Flight Service HUB facilities located in Ft Worth TX and Ashburn, VA in support of the 24x7x365 Flight Service operational facilities. The AFSS NetCom Team provides support to 80+ software developers as new software deployments are implemented every eight weeks and the AFSS engineering community plans and deploys new hardware.
Senior Network Engineers requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the Flight Service installed architecture. Senior Network Engineers work independently and within the NetCom Team structure and are considered Subject Matter Experts for all network devices.
DAILY SUPPORT ACTIVITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide management and installation support to installed Network equipment
- Cisco 4507, 3850, 2110 FW, 2130 FW, ASR1002, 2911, 4331
- F5 Big IP systems
- Juniper Firewalls
- IDS systems
- Support System Owners in operational system problem resolution
- Support AT&T/Verizon ISP Services to Production Operations
- Support Certificate and Domain Name installation and renewals
- Propose, configure, and implement Network configurations within a Change Controlled process
- Provide implementation planning and support to Hardware Engineers
- Process identified changes through the Change Control Board for implementation
Qualifications: Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Required Skills: CISCO Router, Firewall, Switch maintenance and configuration support
Solid Network Design and Implementation Job History
Desired Skills: 5+ Years of solid diverse Network support to enterprise networks.
F5 Big IP maintenance and Support
IDS and ISP service and support
Required Certifications: Must have current CISCO CCNA Certification at a minimum
Deliverables: Weekly Status Reports
Work Schedule: Generally M-F, 8 Hour Shift, 40 Hours per week
Flexible work schedules are available
Occasional Telecommuting acceptable, primarily on premise support
Must: Be able to support emergency & off Hours Support
Critical Maintenance Window (Scheduled) 10:00pm to 6:00am, M-Th
Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency) 24 x 7, M- S