The Leidos NISC III program within the Civil Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
Position will provide technical support to the Federal Aviation Administration's Fuel Storage Tank (FST) National Program Office in areas of storage tank regulatory compliance and operations at the headquarters office in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities in this area include:
- Fuel storage system design
- Analysis of related mechanical systems and equipment.
- Coordination of planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Plan and formulate the engineering program; review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specification and drawing releases.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Provide technical and professional assistance to the FAA FST National Program Office (NPO) in areas of storage tank regulatory compliance and operations as coordinated through the Service Area FST Project Implementation Manager (PIM).
- Support FAA Projects involving propane, diesel, gasoline, and waste oil AST and UST systems, inclusive of all piping and controls.
- Provide plant engineering recommendations and prepares engineering designs to assure fuel systems meet National Airspace System (NAS) operational standards.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding configuration, component selection and placement, and risk mitigation for operation of tank systems.
- Prepare and maintain documentation supporting system designs, specifications, procedures, drawings and project manuals.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidates with varied levels of fuels experience will be considered.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Competence in work and continued ability to provide sustained customer satisfaction with work.
- Technical aptitude and ability to complete work on time and align with program milestones for work provided.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Problem solving ability with assignments of moderate scope and complexity