Job Requisition:Senior Graphic Designer
Leidos is seeking a Graphic Artist to join the Corporate proposal team at Roger Bacon Reston, VA.
The job of the Graphic Artist is to conceive, design, lay out, and coordinate editorial illustrations and creative artwork. Develops interpretive themes that convey ideas and information. Creates graphic presentations that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions. May provide computer graphic services for web artwork. Provides guidance on graphic technology. Works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and create cost efficient graphic designs through available mediums. May also have responsibility or input on reproduction and printing processes through in-house resources or outside vendors. Must be willing to travel to and within the National Capitol Region; Some domestic and international travel may be requested. May work in Rockville or Chantilly.
• Using Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint skills, conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, Proposal Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Leidos branding guidelines
• Creates proposal graphics and presentations for proposal inclusion and customer presentations
• Reads and interprets RFP requirements to ensure compliance with all font, page, sizing, and other proposal submission requirements
• Creates visually aesthetic and compliant proposal binding and packaging
• Develops and jointly maintains Art Log of work to document proposal graphic control numbers and varied iterations and post completed work to a collaborative environment
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ensures graphics and packaging are developed within Proposal Schedule
• Participates in daily team tag-ups as appropriate
• Supports during reproduction such as assembly of proposal materials, final book check, and packaging; Provides visual Quality Assurance (QA) Quality Control (QC) of all proposal graphics
• Bachelors degree and 8+ and years of experience. Design school experience is preferred.
• Must have the ability to interpret and understand Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements
• Skill with Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Journeyman skill set with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written with customers and company personnel
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
• Ability to meet attendance policy
• Previous experience in commercial or government proposal graphics
• Due to the nature of the environment (fast-paced, high volume, while meeting deadlines), the individual must be a team player, self-starter, skilled at working under pressure and must possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork
• Expert skill set with Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance (Secret, Top Secret-SCI)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Visual and Graphic Design3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.