Leidos is seeking candidates for Physical Security Specialist to support a government customer in Springfield, VA. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY upon request is REQUIRED for consideration.
The position requires general knowledge of security practices with emphasis in personnel, physical and/or industrial security. Experience may be broad based, crossing multiple markets (e.g., government, industry) and may also include relevant and associated certifications and knowledge of applicable tools, methodologies, or best practices. Works independently and closely with senior specialists or task leads. Must obtain DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification IAW DoD Manual # 3305.13M within one (1) year of service start date.
- Be the primary resource (organic and electronic) custodian for the Industrial and Physical Security Programs for the government agency
- Ensure that all government and contractor areas CONUS and OCONUS have met all DoD and IC standards for processing, handling and storing Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Collateral classified information prior to formal accreditation as a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) or security area
- Analyze complex physical security issues and provide cost-effective recommendations that meet policy requirements
- Prepare and review Fixed Facility Checklists and documentation supporting the SCIF accreditation process, compartmented area approval and secure area approval process
- Draft, review, and maintain internal customer policy documents, standard operating procedures, and instructional handouts pertaining to Physical and Industrial Security
- Evaluate and provide written impact statements and make recommendations when deviations from standards are discovered for all SCIFs and collateral areas both government and contractor CONUS and OCONUS
- Provide security recommendations and guidance for new facilities and those to be renovated
- Perform site security surveys to determine if facilities meet requirements for SCIF accreditation
- Inspect and provide guidance and oversight for the management of government and industry SCIFs and Collateral Areas
- Provide recommendations to accredit and de-accredit SCIFS, Compartmented Areas, and Collateral Areas in support of the Life Cycle Management efforts
- Manage and oversee the SCIF and Collateral Area lifecycle from concept to completion, planning and construction, operation and management, and mission conclusion
- Reference and use DoD and IC security directives, instructions, standards, and guidelines to enforce compliance and mitigate security risks
- Provide oversight and audit key and lock, GSA container, and alarm testing and maintenance programs in accordance with applicable DoD and IC policy requirements
- Provide expert guidance that is compliant with existing standards (e.g. access control, intrusion detection systems, locks, destruction devices, secure phones, etc.)
- Manage and operate associated Helpdesk and customer service phone lines, email accounts and messages along with other social media applications between the hours of 0800 to 1600. Adjustment of hours or operation may be adjusted to accommodate operational and mission needs of customer Physical and Industrial Security needs
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in a related field
Years of experience:
- 3-6 years includes >2 years within DoD/IC and must have the ability to travel.
- DoD Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Certification
"External Referral Eligible"