Leidos is seeking a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) for our San Diego office. The CPSO will implement the industrial security program in compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD 5205.07 Manuals, Intelligence Community Directive 705, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254), and Security Classification Guide(s).
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing day-to-day support to the management and technical staff
• Writing Standard Operating Procedures
• Conducting annual self-inspections
• Submitting personnel for access
• Maintaining personnel records
• Conducting initial and annual refresher training
• Performing debriefs
• Maintaining document control
• Completing Fixed Facility Checklists
• Performing security violation investigations
• Transferring classified material
• Submitting foreign travel notifications
• Sending visit notifications
• Active TOP SECRET security clearance and single scope background investigation within 6 years.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of professional security experience in a classified environment. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM, DoD 5205.07 Manuals, ICD 705, or similar government security guidelines.
• Ability to travel and support field tests when necessary ( • The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, be customer service oriented, have strong written and verbal communications skills, have strong organizational skills, and the ability to interpret government security policies and apply them to program operations.
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
• SAP Mid-level Security Management Course.