The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for Security Computer and Forensics Investigator to work at a customer location in Springfield, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise and IT development skills to help with IT security for a government agency enterprise. The core responsibilities include reviewing and reporting on information pertinent to IT Security and providing recommendations based on review of submitted material and information. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY level clearance is REQUIRED to be considered.
- Prepare, write and present reports and briefings as required
- Ensure documentation meets compliance with prevailing Federal Governing directives for IT systems
- Identifies risks to computer systems and makes recommendations for corrective actions
- Participate in technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to computer security and vulnerabilities
- Participate in the development, analysis and evaluation for suitability of proposed security architectures for new IT systems and networks
- Works with A&A to define appropriate system and network assurance requirements.
- Prepare IT security plans through the use of current regulations and facilitates the implementation of governing computer security policies
- Establish and perform computer security functions by maintaining the information system security posture for customer
- Assist in the development and delivery of computer security awareness products and briefings
- Ensure that antivirus and other system security patches are applied and checked on a regular basis
- Reviews computer system certification documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Facilitates the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process by working through stakeholders to meet compliance requirements
- Coordinate with A&A, VAT, and the Information Assurance offices for all required testing
- Develop and maintain throughout the system lifecycle the System Security Authorization Agreement.
- An active TS/SCI clearance and ability to undergo a successful Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI) examination.
- Bachelors of Science-Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 11 years of demonstrated experience in information security/classification management within the IC, DoD or Federal Government environment. In lieu of a degree, additional experience will be considered.
- Must be in full compliance with DoD 8570.01-M (i.e. Security+ Certification)
- Understanding of Classification Management (DoD 5200 volumes 1-3) and the FOIA process
"External Referral Eligible"