This Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading the Australia Global Supply Chain Office (GSCO) activities in the United States and managing relationships across Leidos business lines in order to ensure program performance is met. The GSCO is responsible for increasing bid opportunities for Australian companies in the Leidos Global Supply Chain. The Office will provide training, develop skills, and help to promote Australian companies internationally. Working with the Program Manager in Australia you will be a part of a high performing office, whilst operating in a largely autonomous manner. You will boost the awareness of the GSC Program within the US business and be the key person to identify opportunities for Australian companies to enter the US supply chain. You will develop relationships with stakeholders such as US and Australian Government, Leidos partners, as well as Australian businesses with operations already in the US. Networking will be a significant aspect of the role as will event coordination. You will be responsible for ensuring performance measures are being met. There will domestic travel requirements as well as some international travel engagements.
• Establish GSC capability in the US
• Regularly report against Project Performance Indicators and US financial expenditures monthly
• Establish enduring relationships with industry, government and internal business lines to discover and promote opportunities for Australian companies
• Manage and track emergent actions and risks which are identified through the Program Performance Indicators
• Develop awareness of upcoming bid opportunities, as well as current projects, to identify opportunities for Australian involvement.
• Develop a forward itinerary for domestic conferences as well as liaison with the Leidos Marketing/Conferences team to understand our involvement at key events
• Maintain regular communication with the team in the GSCO
• Work closely with the Australian Corporate Affairs Director, a member of the ELT and the Australian Industry Development Manager. Engage with business development/capture teams (in the US), Operations, Supply Chain Managers, project managers, suppliers and Australian Embassy as appropriate.
Must have a BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience. Candidate should have experience with the US Defense and commercial markets, have a strong network across the US, and understand Business Development processes. Individual should be an effective communicator who is able to operate effectively in diverse and cross-cultural environments, with good public speaking skills and strong ability to represent Leidos and the program to a broad range of stakeholders. Should be a self-starter who can establish new processes and business rhythms with minimal direction and will drive process improvement, can handle ambiguity and adapt to the situation. Should have business acumen and the ability to drive business improvement and develop business cases for change. In addition, this individual must understand the export control processes and be familiar with ITAR and the global export laws of the US. Candidate should demonstrate significant experience in roles with complex stakeholder engagement requirements, experience providing reporting to government and senior executive teams, experience in business development or project management, strong experience in advocating for outcomes and a record of delivery, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate in the identification and application of solutions to emerging problems in new or existing markets.
Prefer an individual who has some experience internationally, has experience with supply chain, academia, tradeshows and conference support, and broader BD and capture experience.